Wednesday 3 February 2016

Every other Careers may require Mentoring for a Start, Writing does not

Of course, you read it true from the topic of the post "writing does not require mentoring for a start". For this write-up, I intend to make it as brief as it should be so as to allow you space to launch your writing career should you haven’t in spite reading my first three posts. I care about you and your writing career, that’s why I believe this very post should be crafted exclusively for you.


But you wouldn’t want to misconstrue me as to think I claimed that writing needn’t a mentor. I never for once lay claim to such. My point again for emphasis sake is that you don’t need a mentor to start up your writing career. Hope you’re cleared now?  Even if you’re not cleared from the above, the below should clear you.
#1 Mentors are often not available
If they are you’d started your writing career a long time ago because they seem to be your only excuse why you haven’t started writing. And even now that you’re still waiting for them, what is the assurance that they’ll be available in a very long time? 
#2 Yourself know you don’t really need a mentor
I, just like you, don’t know when it is your mentor shall surface; but maybe until you’ve won laurels, bagged prizes, have the garland about your neck. And I can tell you by then they’ll be everyplace around you. Now looking back, you just achieved all these without a mentor. It should then suffice to say that I’ve been vindicated. But hey! The scene I acted up there is just some collections of the alphabet, and so it should remain until you start writing.
#3 They are not for you
From my immediate point above you should totally agree. As in from what you can see above they are only for those who have started writing because they seem to be the only ones who have got a chance at being recognized. And you’re not. You haven’t started writing. Even so that it is only for recognition of this sort that any mentor will be available.
#4 Yourself know you will not get one
As can be seen from point three above, mentors are strictly for those who have taken up writing and are writing consistently. Given this, mentors are nowhere until you are somewhere. And your somewhere starts with your start in writing. Start somewhere. Start anywhere. Start writing now and consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment